What is Garner Young Professionals?
Garner Young Professionals is an organization designed to provide opportunities for young professionals to develop a personal network, to grow professionally and to succeed in business while enhancing the community's quality of life. Garner Young Professionals offers a monthly calendar of ledership development, community service opportunities, and networking. There is something for everyone at Garner Young Professionals!
Garner area business professionals between the ages of 21 and 39 are invited to join Garner Young Professionals. Membership is on an annual basis - $100 per year (Garner Chamber members) and $150 per year (non-Chamber members). Garner Young Professionals will be held from September 2021 through May 2022.
**A membership with the Garner Young Professionals does not entitle the member to a Chamber membership, nor is a Chamber member entitled to a Garner Young Professionals membership.
To be inclusive and welcoming to everyone in our community, and strengthen our businesses through service, networking, and leadership development.
We love our community and will strive to volunteer with our fellow Garner Chamber members. We will gather a list of volunteer opportunities they need and our group can choose what fits their schedule. Some opportunities may fall during the week or weekend, and in the mornings or evenings. There will be something for everyone! You will also have the opportunity to help plan and implement the first ever Garner Chamber Of Commerce Day Of Service.
Networking and Fun...
You will have specific opportunities to network and have fun at the same time each month! You will develop closer relationships with each other and help really understand what our Chamber offers.
Each month we will have a a leadership development topic we will focus on. There will be guest speakers to come and talk to you. You will grow personally and professionally. We all need to be ready for our next step in life!
Why Garner Young Professionals?
What can your business gain from sending young people to the Garner Young Professionals?
The relationships your employee will form are priceless, and you can gain tangible results: sales leads, connections for market expansion, leadership development, and civic involvement.
Vision: We are the young voice of our local business community!
If you have questions, please contact Dustin Williams, email@example.com
Our Monthly Service Opportunities To Help Our Members!
Community Of Hope Ministries - Contact Person is Nick.Spindler@cohmin.org
1. Food Pantry - Every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00am-12:30pm and Third Thursday of the month from 5:45pm-7:15pm.
2. Food Intake - Every Monday and Wednesday from 9am-12pm.
3. After School One On One Reading - Every Monday through Thursday from 4:30pm-5:30pm.
Garner PAAL (Garner Police Athletic/Activities League) - Contact Person is Kathy. firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Needing 1-2 Volunteers to help with the booth at Garner Firemen's Festival on Saturday, October 2nd. Event is from 3pm-10pm, she can plug you into a shift! Just talking with people, handing out flyers, and playing games with kids.
Garner Trojans - Contact Person is Tracy.Mathews@taxproshq.com and Theresa Brittain
1. Package Meals For The Football Team - September 24th at 2:00pm at Aversboro Restaurant
Poole Family YMCA - Contact Person is Beth.Porter@ymcatriangle.org
1. Food Hub (Regional Family Food Distribution) 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the Month from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
*October 5th, October 19th, November 2nd, November 16th, December 7th, December 21st.
Town Of Garner - Various Staff, see task
1. Downtown Garner: Garner Night Market on September 24th - Signup Genius, email email@example.com for details.